Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID UTILI001331
No. of Openings 1
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for performing a variety of construction, repair, installation and maintenance activities that support Pinnacle’s pellet production systems.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools related to maintenance and rail activities as well as performing related duties as:
- Ensure the highest level of safety standard, ensuring compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Performs cleaning tasks per daily, weekly or monthly schedules or as assigned by the Plant Manager or their designate.
- Assists in safely and efficiently loading of rail cars.
- Assists in loading pellets and completing the necessary administrative tasks for shipping pellets.
- Participates in continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Operates mobile equipment as assigned.
- Reports safety incidents and or infractions.
- Assists maintenance staff or completes basic maintenance tasks when the plant is down alone or under the direction of maintenance staff.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Can complete forms and basic checklists associated with cleanup and rail car loading.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s license
- Works with a strong sense of urgency
- Listens and is open to feedback
- Demonstrates agility within a dynamic environment
- Demonstrates a hands-on attitude and attention to detail
- Pays attention to the small details
- Demonstrates a willingness to pitch in wherever needed
- Authentic, respectful-diplomatic-thoughtful.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.