Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Under the direction of the Superintendent – The Woodlands Supervisor will be a flexible forester, interested and capable of working within various teams over their career to help meet Tolko’s objectives for safety, environment, production, cost and quality. The position may take on roles within Forestry Planning, Timber Development, Harvesting, or Roads. This position will involve periodic travel across the southern interior of BC as duties may span across the communities of Kamloops, Kelowna, Merritt and Vernon. This position comes with a flexible choice of residence across the region we operate in.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years related industry experience;
- Experience in Planning, Timber Development, Harvesting or Roads in the BC Interior;
- A proven commitment to safety;
- Strong time management and communication skills;
- Ability to perform fieldwork;
- A passion for the challenges of Forestry in the BC Interior
- A University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry and an active Registered Professional Forester (RPF) or Forest Technician (RFT).
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko? Click here
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.