Career Level Journeyman
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 2XWEL03548
No. of Openings 4
Department Trades - West
Job Title & Location: Welder, Journeyperson OR 2nd/3rd Year Apprentice (Acheson)
Job Type: Full Time.
Schedule: 7×7, 12 hour shifts – days and nights
Reporting to the General Supervisor this position is responsible for the welding repairs, fabrication and assembly of Komatsu and other heavy duty industrial equipment that SMS Equipment sells or rents to its customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Repairing and fabrication of various makes of construction, forestry, utility and mining mobile equipment
- Following directions given in layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Customizing mobile equipment and/or parts as per the customer’s request
- Conducting failure analysis and developing a welding repair process with the Service Manager
- Providing welding support in the field and in the shop
- Able to work safely in a challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Other duties as required
The successful candidate will possess a Journeyperson Welder Certification OR be a registered 2nd/3rd Year Apprentice. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered. Other requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Highly motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to interpret blueprints and layouts/follow work orders
- Must possess a strong work ethic, a commitment to excellence and have acute safety awareness as well as strong organizational skills
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy while working with a variety of individuals and groups
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the maintenance and repair of mining equipment
Please reference “mytrades.ca when applying for this position.