Career Level Apprentice
Experience Less Than 1 Year
No. of Openings 1
- Kirby South (camp provided) approximately 7 months
- 14 days on/7 days off schedule (12 hours/day)
- Successful candidate must be double vaccinated
- Performs any combination of the following duties to assist workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities: Moves and gathers work pieces (pipe materials), setting up pipe, helping fir spools, interpret acorn drawings.
- Lifts, moves and holds, or clamps workpieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or by using hoist, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges.
- Cleans workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions.
- Connects hoses from hand torch to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connects cables from power source to electrode holder and workpiece or fixture.
- Starts gasoline engine to activate electric generators
- Removes, tags or marks, and moves finished work.
- May attach grappling equipment to objects preparatory to movement by crane
- 1st or 2nd year welding apprentice (preferred)
- 3+ months of industrial/construction/general labor experience
- Current/valid drivers license
- Able work outdoors with a current zoom boom ticket
- Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Ability to interpret acorn drawings
Familiar with construction methods, techniques, and labour requirements and how they apply to industrial construction projects
Comfortable working outdoors
Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Proactively seeks and accomplishes tasks that lead to a safe, efficient, and productive work environment
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.