Career Level Ticket
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID WELDE007178
No. of Openings 1
Department Maintenance & Skilled Trades
Are you an experienced Certified Welder looking for an exciting career opportunity? Are you ready to take ownership and grow an already dynamic global business? Cariboo Pulp & Paper, located in Quesnel BC, is currently looking for a motivated:
Specific duties include:
- Read and interpret blueprints and welding specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal using processes such as GTAW and SMAW welding
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears, and rolls
- Actively participate in Cariboo Pulp & Paper safety program
The successful candidate will possess:
- Welding ticket, Level B or A
- PWP #7 & #10 are preferred
- Heavy industry experience
- Previous experience in a flexible multi skilled work environment
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Valid driver’s license in BC
Our employees drive our success. We believe in providing opportunities for growth and advancement and are looking for someone who wants to build their career in our company. In addition to competitive wages and benefits, Cariboo offers a stable, rewarding career. Cariboo also offers an attractive relocation package.
Located in Quesnel BC, Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Cariboo has been highly respected by the global market for providing top quality product for over 40 years. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and bright future.
Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.