Career Level Journeyman
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Department Mine Maintenance
Welder (Certified Journeyman)
Company Background and Culture
Taseko Mines is a dynamic international mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow our company through developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko owns (75%) and operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed construction of a US$25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the recent acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
In addition to the activities underway at Florence Copper and Yellowhead, Taseko continues engineering, permitting and environmental assessment related activities at its Aley niobium project in north central BC. For more information on Taseko visit our website at https://www.tasekomines.com.
- Strong focus on safety, the environment and contributing to a zero incident work place.
- Perform preventative, predictive & breakdown maintenance associated with operations equipment including, but not limited to, large scale Bulldozers and support equipment, P&H Shovels & Drills and Komatsu Haul Trucks.
- Contributing to the development of apprentices and working as part of a team to accomplish maintenance goals and targets.
- Supporting maintenance personnel in all trades.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- Valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Interprovincial trade qualifications in Welding (Red Seal Certification).
- Mining experience is considered an asset.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.
If you are qualified for the position posted and are interested in being part of reshaping the future of Taseko Mines Limited, please contact us either through our website at https://www.tasekomines.com.