Career Level Apprentice
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 57740
No. of Openings 1
Union/Non Non-Union Position
Do you have an eye for detail? Do you like being out in the field where the action is? As the Welder, you will be responsible to perform layout, cutting and welding work in connection with the construction, repair and maintenance of Company pipelines and related facilities.
We are looking to add an individual to our diverse team who shares in our core values of safety, integrity, respect, and inclusion! In return, we offer opportunities to grow and increase your knowledge and skills, and an exciting career filled with a competitive benefits and pension package including generous time off. Apply today, we’d love to hear from you!
What you will do:
- Performs layout, cutting and welding work on hot systems as required.
- Performs emergency and other general pipeline work as assigned when not engaged in welding activities (reference Senior Maintenance Technician profile).
- Completes material lists, cost estimates and estimates of completion time on work projects.
- Prepares as-built drawings and quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) documentation as required following completion of all work projects.
- Ensures that all tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order.
- Responsible for following Performance Based Guidelines (PBT).
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with typically 1-5 years of experience in the welding field
- Enrolled in apprenticeship program at the 2nd, or 3rd level OR Certified Journeyperson Welder.
- Experience welding pipe and required to pass annual welder qualification tests.
- Good leadership, communication, organizational skills and basic computer skills.
- You will be required to undergo various background screening that includes but is not limited to 5 year driving record, criminal check and a company sponsored medical and drug testing. Minimum class 5 drivers’ license.
- Mix of office and field, with frequent travels along the Right-of-Way and to various stations within Canada and United States.
- Hours of work vary depending on workload, emergency response, capital projects and line schedules. Scheduled 9 hour work days.
- On-call approximately 10 weeks per year.
- Responsible for responding to emergency conditions (line leaks, equipment breakdowns, etc.).
- Mandatory training requirements.
Diversity and inclusion are important to us. Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting email@example.com.
Information For Applicants:
- Applications can be submitted via our online recruiting system only.
- We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com