Career Level General Labour
Experience Entry Level
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mining Corporation is a TSX/ASX listed copper producer, developer, and explorer in world-class mining jurisdictions. Copper Mountain’s flagship asset is the 75% owned Copper Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia near the town of Princeton. The Copper Mountain mine has a +30-year mine life based on resources and produces over 100 million pounds of copper equivalent per year with exceptional upside.
The Company also has the development-stage Eva Copper Project in Queensland, Australia in addition to an extensive 210,000 hectare highly prospective land package in the Mount Isa district.
Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Copper Mountain trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “CMMC” and the Australian Stock Exchange under the symbol “C6C”.
Become a Part of Our Team
As we continue to grow Copper Mountain Mining Corporation, many career development opportunities are available for motivated and goal-oriented individuals.
Work with us and you will benefit from the mentorship and guidance of experienced team members because we understand that to accomplish our goals, we must work as a team and rely on the effort of every team member.
- Mine Maintenance Labourer
Copper Mountain Mine is located near the town of Princeton, British Columbia at the center of the scenic Similkameen Valley. Princeton is a community-oriented town with a diverse offering of activities, especially for those who love the outdoors. Princeton is also nearby both, the city of Vancouver and the Okanagan.
Reporting to Mine Maintenance Supervisor, the Mine Maintenance Labourer is responsible for assisting the Mine Maintenance groups with various labour type tasks.
- Conducts all activities within the course of your employment safely and follows all pertinent Copper Mountain Mine safety requirements and SOPs,
- Practices safe work behaviours and supports the Copper Mountain Mine safety culture through
participation in daily and monthly safety meetings and initiatives,
- Adheres strictly to personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements in all areas while on mine
- Performs general housekeeping practices in the work area,
- Takes oil samples for preventive maintenance,
- Uses steam cleaning equipment to clean the equipment with particular attention to detail,
- Assists mechanics, electricians, and maintenance team members when required and fills in for lube serviceperson when required,
- Performs any other responsibilities related to the Mine Maintenance Labourer role as required or as assigned by the supervisor.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED),
- Previous manual labour work experience is considered an asset,
- Possess a valid Class 5/7N driver’s license and have access to personal transportation.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to get trained on various equipment, learn from others and adopt best practices while
maintaining a strong focus on safety, integrity, and reliability,
- Possess a solid mechanical ability/aptitude,
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or with minimal supervision,
- Ability to be very meticulous while steaming/cleaning equipment, cleaning the shop and other areas of the mine site,
- Required to meet pre-employment testing requirements.
- Frequent exposure to uncomfortable conditions associated with the work environment such as
working in noisy, dusty, and wet environments,
- Work will include frequent exposure to vibrations, and chemicals, and will often require working alone with minimum supervision,
- Work will require working in heavy industrial environments; this may have conditions that include adverse temperature conditions, both hot and cold; in and/or around moisture; walking on slippery and/or rough, uneven surfaces, in confined spaces; at heights; and involves climbing ladders and stairs,
- Exposure to working outdoors in all weather conditions, operating a light vehicle at our operations, in various weather conditions and terrain, including winter driving,
- Regular exposure to lifting and moving items and equipment up to 50 pounds,
- Work will require climbing on equipment and under equipment occasionally in wet muddy conditions.
- Successful completion of pre-employment screening requirements and drug & alcohol testing,
- Provide proof of a valid class 5/7N driver’s license,
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in Canada,
- Provide confirmation of valid educational requirements.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include ‘Mine Maintenance Labourer’ in the subject line of your email response.
Copper Mountain Mine is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. While we consider all qualified applicants for employment and thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are kept on file for future opportunities.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!