Career Level Management
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 1183
No. of Openings 1
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry leader in the heavy-duty truck & sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located out our sales and service dealership in Burnaby, BC.
The Assistant Parts Manager will be responsible for assisting the Parts Manager in the day-to-day operation of the Branch’s Parts Department in compliance with the company’s established policies and procedures. Other responsibilities include effectively managing and directing all aspects of the Parts Department’s operations in a manner that ensures maximum benefit to the dealership; and coordinating activities with other dealership departments to best serve the customer. Further responsibilities include planning, directing and controlling all activities within the Parts Department to ensure that overall profitability and growth objectives are met or exceeded. The Assistant Parts Manager will also be responsible for the Parts Department’s overall performance and profitability, and continually maintaining the highest level of customer service and professionalism in serving our customers’ needs.
- Build the organization by establishing parts department policies and procedures
- Develop sales and gross profits by:
- Establishing realistic sales objectives
- Encouraging aggressive marketing by all parts department employees;
- Effective merchandising and advertising methods within budget allocation, including taking advantage of all manufacturers’ inventory co-op advertising;
- Establishing a competitive parts pricing policy while maximizing profitability;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction by maintaining an efficient and effective level of service and handling customer complaints immediately and according to the dealership’s guidelines
- Working with the service manager and body shop manager to ensure a timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs;
- Analyzing sales, expenses and inventory monthly to maintain profit goals;
- Controlling costs by:
- Preparing and administering an annual operating budget for the parts department
- Controlling the inventory investment according to turn rate and level of obsolescence, consistent with the requirements of the service department, body shop, wholesale accounts and the do-it-yourself public.
- Continually striving to improve existing practices
- Creation of checks and balances in all areas of the department including purchasing, shipping, receiving and safety
- Analyzing departmental operations and storage layout and revising as needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Ensuring the safety of all employees by:
- Enforcing safety requirements, including but not limited to forklift training and operation, processing of MSDS sheets on all products carried, and ensuring that WHMIS and TDG training is provided.
- Becoming familiar with and complying with the company’s Health & Safety Manual.
- Maintaining the company’s parts vehicles by:
- Ensuring that the vehicles are in good, safe running order
- Ensuring that regular maintenance service is performed on the vehicles and that maintenance records are kept
- Hiring, training, motivating, counseling and monitoring the performance of all parts department staff
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) essential
- Qualification as a Parts Journeyperson preferred
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field preferred
- Three years related experience in truck parts counter sales and/or training including supervisory experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Forklift Certification
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!