Career Level Licensed
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 1615
No. of Openings 1
Department Body Shop
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Truck & Equipment is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located in the Body Shop of our sales and service dealership in Prince George, BC.
The Body Shop Mechanical Technician will be responsible for repairing damaged body parts of trucks and trailers, performing required frame repairs, and straightening out differential housings.
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Repairs damaged body parts of trucks and trailers.
- Performs required frame repairs.
- Performs straightening of differential housings.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting on accident repairs.
- Analyzes customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/shop foreman or lead hand, immediately, if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to weld/fabricate steel and aluminum is an asset
- Ability to perform wheel alignments is an asset
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required, Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Accountability and dependability with great time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when referencing this position.