Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 488
No. of Openings 1
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Trans Tech is seeking Trailer Operators to support our Fort McMurray, AB Heavy Haul division. The position will report to the appropriate supervisor, the Trailer Operators will be responsible for pre-operational inspections, prepare for a safe load movement and transport equipment on both conventional /hydraulic trailers. The operator must not only know how to operate the trailers but must have experience in loading/unloading and reconfiguring of all equipment.
- Read and understand transport plan beforehand to successfully carry out their assignment.
- Assemble, configure all heavy haul equipment / platform included.
- Visually inspect all systems on a regular basis and prior to each movement to ensure compliance with appropriate standards, codes, specifications, and procedures.
- Assure all transports are within load limits of equipment and correctly secured.
- Pilot over dimensional loads.
- Operate the trailers in simple and complex transports according to job requirements.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributing manner.
- Carry out any other relevant activities which can be reasonably demanded and/or which are necessary in the company’s interest.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract required, Class 3 or 1 an asset.
- Additional related training preferred.
- CSTS 2020.
- WHIMIS 2015.
- H2S Alive.
- First Aid.
- Possess a minimum of 1-3 years previous experience operating Trailers and/or Hydraulic Platform Trailers.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Time management skills.
- Good judgement and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed.
- Must be a member of or willing to join Teamsters Union.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!