Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 494
No. of Openings 1
NCSG Hauling & Rigging is seeking an experienced Trailer Operator to support our Calgary division. The position will report to the Branch Manager, the Trailer Operator will be responsible for pre-operational inspections, prepare for a safe load movement and transport equipment on both conventional /hydraulic trailers. The successful candidate must not only know how to operate the trailers but must have experience in loading/unloading, reconfiguring of all equipment and supervision experience would be an asset.
- Read and understand transport plan beforehand to successfully carry out their assignment.
- Assemble, configure all heavy haul equipment / platform included.
- Visually inspect all systems on a regular basis and prior to each movement to ensure compliance with appropriate standards, codes, specifications, and procedures.
- Assure all transports are within load limits of equipment and correctly secured.
- Pilot over dimensional loads.
- Operate the trailers in simple and complex transports according to job requirements.
- Hold toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributing manner.
- Carry out any other relevant activities which can be reasonably demanded and/or which are necessary in the company’s interest.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract required, Class 3 or 1 an asset.
- CSTS 2020.
- WHIMIS 2015.
- H2S Alive.
- First Aid.
- Possess a minimum of 1-3 years previous experience operating Trailers and/or Hydraulic Platform Trailers.
- Supervision experience would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain a high level of concentration.
- Good interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Time management skills.
- Good judgement and the ability to react quickly in emergency situations.
- Understands the operations and limitations of the equipment.
- Mechanical ability to make minor repairs when needed.
- Must be a member of or willing to join Teamsters Union.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com
- Must have own reliable transportation.
Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting!