Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Department Broadway Subway Project
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is a Crown Corporation employing skilled trades people on major infrastructure projects throughout the province. We employ the labour force on projects that fall under the Province’s Community Benefits Agreement (CBA). When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects.
Through the CBA, we open doors for underrepresented workers, maximize apprenticeship opportunities, and work to create respectful and welcoming worksites. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home.
BCIB is hiring a number of above-ground positions to support the tunnel boring work for the Broadway Subway Project. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with professionals from around the world to create a legacy in your community. To learn more about the Tunnel Boring work visit, https://www.bcib.ca/portfolio-items/broadway-subway-project/
Tower Crane Operator
Tower Crane Operators are required on the Broadway Subway Project all through the year 2022 and will be working as an essential part of the above ground support team supporting the Tunnel Boring work.
Job Profile Overview:
As described by the ITA a Tower Crane Operator is a person who operates tower cranes (including
luffing jib and articulated jib tower cranes) to perform lifts and hoist loads and has experience with
rigging practices and procedures.
BC Crane Safety registration is required for all crane operators in British Columbia. Crane Operator
certification in British Columbia is mandatory by virtue of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (WorkSafeBC).
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Must be able to climb up ladders to get into the machine cabin
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Red Seal, Journeyperson Tower Crane Operator certificate required
- Must have at least 1 year of strong experience operating Tower Cranes.
- Must have prior work experience as a Rigger.
- Must have Fall Protection and Rigging Certificate.
- Must be able to perform pre-operational inspection and calculate crane capacities and weight to
prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Must have good communication, interpersonal skills
- Have an understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)
Create a Profile with BCIB
To apply for work opportunities with BCIB, start by creating an online profile. Once you apply and are
accepted into our database, we’ll contact you when an appropriate position becomes available. When
you join BCIB, you’re joining a community of skilled British Columbians who work on some of the most interesting projects in the province.
BCIB works with various support organizations to bridge skill gaps among workers with different levels of experience. If there are skilled trades training opportunities which match your profile, we will contact you.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.