Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Tire Technician – Sales & Service
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Tire Technician/Sales + Service Representative is responsible for performing tire removal/installation/repair service safely for all passenger, light truck vehicles and commercial tires.
Skills & Abilities:
- If you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry and enjoy collaborating with a high-energy team, we have an opportunity for you.
- You continually strive to provide exceptional customer service and exceed every client’s expectations.
- You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift.
- Perform tire removal/installation/repair service safely for all passenger and light truck vehicles. This includes removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installing repaired or replacement tires, and reinstalling wheel assemblies according to the procedure. This also includes diagnosing injuries, evaluating repairability, and choosing and carrying out proper repair methods.
- Assist and perform mechanical inspections and services including complete understanding and use of work order inspection procedures and tools, basic understanding and use of alignment machines, flush machines, oil lube and filter service as trained using the Kal Tire Mechanical Fundamentals training, and successful sign off by journeyman technician.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety and environmental policies and rules and by taking an active approach to accident prevention and environmental protection.
- Valid Driver’s Licence is required.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Contribute to an upbeat atmosphere in the workplace by supporting and providing assistance to other team members.
- You have excellent communication skills, a mechanical aptitude and detail-oriented.
- Competitive wages, with benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Profit Sharing – Significant additional income can be obtained through our highly competitive profit-sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
- Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in both the automotive and business sectors, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Kal Tire welcomes your interest in the Tire Technician opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect.