Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Kal Tire is recruiting for a Tire Technician with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, installation and repairs, as well as certain OTR repairs. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people, and understand the true value of good customer service.
We will provide a comprehensive training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for growth within the company.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers’ expectations
- Assist with designated in-shop service as directed by supervisor
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of light truck and automotive experience is preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot
- Methodical and patient approach and ability to pay attention to the details
- Strong team player who is able to work unsupervised
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures
Education and Special Requirements
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset
- A valid driver’s license
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 7,000 team members globally.
This is your opportunity to start building a lasting career with Kal Tire!