Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
Tire Technician – Stoney Creek, ON
Kal Tire is Canada’s largest independent tire dealer and one of North America’s largest commercial tire dealers with over 250 Kal Tire retail and commercial stores in Canada, warehouse facilities and 9 retread manufacturing plants. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is a global leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. The company employs more than 7,000 team members globally.
Kal Tire is recruiting for a tire technician at our new satellite location at a steel mill in Hamilton. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to work in an industrial setting and possess a wiliness to work within customers safety protocols. All equipment will be provided. We will provide a thorough training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for an apprenticeship are possible once you have proven yourself for a minimum of 12 months.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of industrial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers’ expectation
- Assist with designated in-shop service as directed by supervisor
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
- 1+ year of commercial tire experience is required
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot
- Methodical and patient approach and ability to pay attention to the details
- Strong team player who is able to work unsupervised
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures
Education and Special Requirements
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset
- Valid class G driver’s license
- Must be comfortable driving and available to work in continental shifts
We want to hear from you! All applicants are encouraged to visit us at www.kaltire.com/careers. We are an equal opportunity employer; if you are contacted by Kal Tire regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Start Your Journey With Us.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.