Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Working as part of the Vehicle’s Service’s Team, the Tire and Lube Technician is responsible for a variety of tasks as outlined below.
- Tire Repairs – responsible for determining the best method of repair and then completing the task or making recommendations for replacement/warranty if warranted
- Installation – perform installation and proper balancing of newly installed tires ensuring that all check-points have been covered such as proper inflation, rotation, etc.
- Rotation – ensure proper rotation of tires, documenting of rotation for future reference
- Lube Services: draining/filling, filter checks and replacements, general inspection and recommendation
- Ensuring work area is kept neat and tidy including cleaning/sweeping daily
- Ensure that all equipment and general parts required for tire services are well maintained and that no stock-outs occur of commonly used parts/supplies
- Dispose of used items in appropriate recycling areas and notify Shop Manager/Owner when removal is required
- Provide explanation and recommendation for repairs or replacement of tires
- Ensure customer vehicle is kept clean and free from any damages while in our possession
- Take ownership of your repairs and strive to ensure all necessary components are completed to ensure customer satisfaction and zero return-defects
- Full-time position, 8 hours a day with a ½ hour unpaid lunch break
- Uniforms are provided and employees must ensure they are in a presentable condition (i.e. clean)
- Follow all Health & Safety requirements
- All other duties as required
- Some previous experience/knowledge in the automotive trade preferred. Preference given to those with Tire and Lube technician experience
- Able to take direction and complete tasks as assigned
- Willingness to learn
- Able to multi-task and handle multiple priorities on a daily basis
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Physically capable of lifting and moving items up to +50 lbs
- Must be available to work full-time, 5 days a week + overtime and Saturdays when required.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.