Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Department Broadway Subway Project
British Columbia Infrastructure Benefits Inc. (BCIB) is a Crown Corporation employing skilled trades people on major infrastructure projects throughout the province. We employ the labour force on projects that fall under the Province’s Community Benefits Agreement (CBA). When you join our database of skilled tradespeople, you gain access to a network of projects.
Through the CBA, we open doors for underrepresented workers, maximize apprenticeship opportunities, and work to create respectful and welcoming worksites. Our goal is to help you progress in your career with consistent work closer to home.
BCIB is hiring a number of above-ground positions to support the tunnel boring work for the Broadway Subway Project. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to work with professionals from around the world to create a legacy in your community. To learn more about the Tunnel Boring work visit, https://www.bcib.ca/portfolio-items/broadway-subway-project/
Telehandler Operators are required on the Broadway Subway Project all through the year 2022 and will be working as an essential part of the above ground support team supporting the Tunnel Boring work.
Job Profile Overview:
As described by the ITA, an equipment operator is required to operate equipment such as heavy
articulating rock trucks, loaders, excavators, backhoes, dozers, graders, telehandlers, forklifts, etc. These machines are used universally for all manner of heavy construction, earth moving, road building, mining, forestry, mega projects all included. As a Telehandler Operator you will be operating a telehandler moving heavy items and materials.
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid Red Seal, Journey Person considered an asset
- Valid Forklift Operator Certificate and Telehandler Certificate
- Must have experience operating Boom Lift, Manlift and Forklift Cranes.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Hoisting Operator Certificate considered an asset
- Must have good communication, interpersonal & coordination skills
- Have an understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)
Create a Profile with BCIB
To apply for work opportunities with BCIB, start by creating an online profile. Once you apply and are
accepted into our database, we’ll contact you when an appropriate position becomes available. When
you join BCIB, you’re joining a community of skilled British Columbians who work on some of the most interesting projects in the province.
BCIB works with various support organizations to bridge skill gaps among workers with different levels of experience. If there are skilled trades training opportunities which match your profile, we will contact you.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.