Career Level Journeyman
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID 1152
No. of Openings 1
DRIVE YOUR CAREER WITH INLAND
Inland Group (Inland Kenworth) is an industry-leader in the heavy-duty truck & equipment sales, service and parts marketplace. As a rapidly growing company with over 1400 employees across 35 branches in North America, Inland offers exciting employment opportunities that can help you drive your future!
This position is located at our sales and service dealership in Williams Lake, BC.
The Truck & Transport Technician will be responsible for repairing and maintaining diesel engine industrial trucks according to dealership and factory specifications. If you are passionate about the work that you do and are an experienced Journeyman/Red Seal technician, then we want to hear from you!
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Analyze customers’ truck performance complaints, diagnoses cause of any malfunctions, and performs repair.
- Communicate with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Save and tag parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Documenting all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participate in manufacturer sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Understand, keep abreast of, and comply with federal, provincial/state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, occupational health & safety regulations, etc.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Qualification as a Licensed Truck & Transport Technician essential
- Five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Computer skills and experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s License required, Class 3 with Airbrake Endorsement or Class 1 (to test drive truck & trailer) preferred
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection (CVIP) Certification
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented with ability to multi-task
- Accountability and dependability with great time management
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, must be able to walk around shop floor and exterior yard area (long periods standing / walking), requires mobility to easily access and egress trucks and equipment.
CANADA BENEFIT PACKAGE
Our employees receive a generous benefits package including:
- Extended Medical (including Vision)
- Prescription benefits
- RRSP with employer matching program
- Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- On-going training opportunities
If you are looking for an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic team of professionals, we invite you to apply today
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!