Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 6138
No. of Openings 1
When you join our team as a Summer Student – General Labourer, you will support the mill to run smoothly by ensuring everything has a place and that the yard and sawmill are clean. Working in a sawmill, you’ll discover that they do more than transform forest products, they also transform our communities. The hurly rate for this position is $23.15/hour on a 40/hour week schedule (6:00am-4:30pm and 6:00pm-4:30am).
Please email email@example.com a copy of your resume and cover letter.
What You’ll Do
- Operate production equipment as assigned.
- Stack and strap lumber bundles indoors and/or outdoors.
- Preform production and assembly processes within the facility.
- Ensure smooth flow of processes throughout the sawmill.
- Preform maintenance and housekeeping duties as instructed.
- Clean-up work areas during work stoppages.
- Safe work practices such as Lock-out, Pre-task hazard assessments, etc.
- Preform other related duties.
What You Offer
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Show vigilance and a concern for health and safety.
- Hold high school diploma or the equivalent.
- To have completed one year of post-secondary education, or proof of enrolment for post-secondary in the fall of 2022.
- Ability to meet physical demands including walking, standing, sitting, stairs, bending and lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work in an environment that may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions.
- Have relevant physical labour experience, industrial experience in a wood manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Knowledge of English.
- Be available to preform day and night shifts as needed (flexible schedule).
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFar
What We Offer
Interfor builds value for our employees by providing a career where they can contribute, grow, and prosper. We offer a competitive salary, based both on what you bring to the role and benchmarked to market conditions. You’ll also get a competitive benefits package.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.