Career Level Certification
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID SKIDS01219
Job Category: Production
Requisition Number: SKIDS01219
- Actively participates in Pinnacle’s Owning Safety culture, including the use of DATS for recording safety conversations, observations and training. Regularly sets an example and provides leadership for Owning Safety looks to contribute in all areas of the business.
- Support the leadership team when mentoring and training other employees to ensure employees are properly trained and competent complete with the appropriate documentation.
- Maintains Pinnacle’s high standards of housekeeping within the department and with the participation of all team members.
- Utilizes SDS for all chemicals used in the production and ensures all employees are adequately trained on their use.
- Complete all safety related Plant Operator Development Program training requirements as required by each Level.
- Participate and communicate on the company radio’s following Pinnacle’s Radio Usage Procedure
- Maintain radio communication that is brief, clear, in a natural speaking voice and contains only essential instructions and Information.
- Active involvement in Pinnacle OH&S Committee.
- Responsible for performing a variety of construction, repair, installation and maintenance activities that support Pinnacle’s pellet production systems.
- Operates a variety of equipment and tools related to maintenance and rail activities as well as performing related duties as:
- Ensure the highest level of safety standard, ensuring compliance with all applicable government regulations and corporate policies.
- Performs cleaning tasks per daily, weekly or monthly schedules or as assigned by the Plant Manager or their designate.
- Assists in safely and efficiently loading of rail cars.
- Assists in loading pellets and completing the necessary administrative tasks for shipping of pelletized pellets.
- Participates in continuous improvement and quality control initiatives.
- Operates mobile equipment as assigned.
- Reports safety incidents and or infractions.
- Assists maintenance staff or completes basic maintenance tasks when plant is down alone or under the direction of maintenance staff.
Minimum Requirements (Experience, Education, Qualifications, Skills, Abilities)
- Able to operate mobile equipment safely and efficiently.
- Must be able to multi-task, able to quickly switch from one task to another.
- Can complete forms and basic checklists associated with cleanup and rail car loading.
- Adaptable to changes in work schedules or work tasks.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in heavy industry operations an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written skills
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Valid Driver’s license
- Works with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and build a cohesive team on the floor.
- Ability to give direction and delegate, problem solve where required.
- Listens and is open to feedback.
- Demonstrates flexibility in a changing environment.
- Maintains calmness in stressful situations.