Career Level Supervisor
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
SITE SUPERVISOR – EASTERN CANADA (345 Detour Lake)
Cochrane, Timmins, Kirkland Lake, ON
The Mining Tire Group has a current job opportunity for the position of Site Supervisor at Detour Lake in Northern Ontario. Detour Lake Mine is emerging in 2022 as the largest gold producing mine in Canada with the largest gold reserves and substantial growth potential. The Detour Lake operation is located in northeastern Ontario, approximately 300 kilometers northeast of Timmins and 185 kilometers by road northeast of Cochrane, within the northernmost Abitibi Greenstone Belt. Detour Lake is an open pit gold mine that has been in operation since 1983.
The shift is 14×14 and travel assistance may be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. A competitive compensation package is offered, and relocation assistance may also be available.
The Site Supervisor, MTG is responsible for the overall management of the MTG site, ensuring all safety standards are met, team members are trained to the Kal Tire Way and that all service and product standards are aligned with company objectives and meet customer expectations.
This is an opportunity to build an accomplished career within the mining industry in Canada. In this role, the successful candidate will be exposed to a diversified mining experience with an abundance of opportunity for career growth.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all aspects of Kal Tire’s Health & Safety Program are communicated and implemented in a consistent manner with Team Members, including the D&A Program, FLRA, Hazard Analysis, SWP’s, Accident/Incident Investigation & Reporting, Monthly Safety Meetings & Inspections, Due Diligence, etc.
Training and Development
- Demonstrate the AIMS, Interact with Team Members on the shop floor on a regular basis and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Provide continuous feedback with team members in regard to customer activities, changes in policies or procedures, company updates / changes, team member performance, etc.
Standards of Service
- Provide a high level of service to customer and coach all team members to be efficient. Exceed customers’ expectations every chance there is.
Policies & Procedures
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with relevant company, customer or governmental policies & procedures.
- Understand and utilize tire management software for customer reporting and analysis
Purchasing & Distribution
- Ensure adequate inventory is on hand or readily available to meet the needs of the customer
Custom & Industry Knowledge
- Develop and maintain knowledge and documentation of the customer business with regards to fleet size, forecasting, operating hours, utilization, scrap average, mine plan, haul profile, future growth or reduction, etc
Retread & Reporting
- Maintain and document a solid tire repair program through inspections, assessments, proactive repairs
- Previous experience as an OTR Tire Technician “Level A” preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience in the tire industry or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Acting Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people both verbally and written.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to identify and resolve problems, under pressure.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Experience in undertaking administrative work in an office environment.
- Motivated, self-starter who can find solutions.
- Ensure the best application of allocated and available resources.
- Understands safe methods of work procedures and safety performance measures.
- Understands tire failure causes and analysis.
- Understands the invoicing cycle and importance of deadlines, monthly data analysis, retrieval and tire management reporting.
- Understands the importance of tire maintenance plans being carried out safely to OTR standards for optimum performance and casing generation.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Additional certification and training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to comply with relevant insurance policies is required.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!