Career Level Supervisor
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
SITE SUPERVISOR – CANADIAN MALARTIC MINE
The opening is located at the Canadian Malartic Mine, the mine is located 32 kilometres northwest from the town of Val D’or, Quebec, in the town of Malartic Quebec. It is designed as a year-round open pit operation.
The Site Supervisor, MTG is responsible for the overall management of the MTG site, ensuring all safety standards are met, team members are trained to the Kal Tire Way and that all service and product standards are aligned with company objectives. This is a cross shift Supervisor position with a potential rotation of 7 X 7 or 14 X 14. Travel negotiable based on location. This position is fully bilingual, and the successful applicant must be able to read and write French fluently.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all aspects of Kal Tire’s Health & Safety Program are communicated and implemented in a consistent manner with Team Members, including the D&A Program, FLRA, Hazard Analysis, SWP’s, Accident/Incident Investigation & Reporting, Monthly Safety Meetings & Inspections, Due Diligence, etc.
Training and Development
- Demonstrate the AIMS, Interact with Team Members on the shop floor on a regular basis and provide coaching and mentoring.
- Provide continuous feedback with team members in regard to customer activities, changes in policies or procedures, company updates / changes, team member performance, etc.
Standards of Service
- Provide a high level of service to customer and coach all team members to be efficient. Exceed customers’ expectations every chance there is.
Policies & Procedures
- Take all reasonable measures to ensure compliance with relevant company, customer or governmental policies & procedures
- Understand and utilize tire management software for customer reporting and analysis
Purchasing & Distribution
- Ensure adequate inventory is on hand or readily available to meet the needs of the customer
Custom & Industry Knowledge
- Develop and maintain knowledge and documentation of the customer business with regards to fleet size, forecasting, operating hours, utilization, scrap average, mine plan, haul profile, future growth or reduction, etc
Retread & Reporting
- Maintain and document a solid tire repair program through inspections, assessments, proactive repairs
- Previous experience as an OTR Tire Technician “Level A” preferred.
- Previous Supervisory experience in the tire industry or a minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Acting Supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people both verbally and written in French and English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to identify and resolve problems, under pressure.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets.
- Experience in undertaking administrative work in an office environment.
- Motivated, self-starter who can find solutions.
- Ensure the best application of allocated and available resources.
- Understands safe methods of work procedures and safety performance measures.
- Understands tire failure causes and analysis.
- Understands the invoicing cycle and importance of deadlines, monthly data analysis, retrieval and tire management reporting.
- Understands the importance of tire maintenance plans being carried out safely to OTR standards for optimum performance and casing generation.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Additional certification and training preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to comply with relevant insurance policies.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.