Career Level Post Secondary Education
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID R9022
No. of Openings Multiple
We have several openings for experienced Sideboom Pipelayer Operators for our Coastal Gas Link pipeline project in Kitimat, BC. The successful candidates will be responsible for operating a Sideboom Pipelayer in accordance with quality, safety and efficiency standards.
- Effectively and safely operates a Sideboom Pipelayer utilizing machine specific controls and machine attachments to complete all necessary tasks related to pipeline construction. This includes operating on adverse terrain, in winter operations, and/or near other equipment and power lines.
- Operates in crowded, fast-paced working environments, and exercises extreme caution with awareness of potential situational hazards to ensure site safety.
- Interprets verbal and non-verbal communication (including hand signals) from operators, ground personnel and swampers, and acts accordingly.
- Performs mechanical inspections and servicing including controls and operations, completing logbooks, performs maintenance and adjustments, ensures good housekeeping, and performs machine lubrication.
- Performs effective operation of equipment by recognizing unusual machine movements and sounds.
- Recognizes existing and potential hazards and knows how to identify these through conducting a field level pre-job hazard analysis, checking the machine for hazards and assessing any tasks before start.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Completion of a one- to two-year apprenticeship program or some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training is required.
- Minimum three years of experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer and other heavy equipment on a mainline pipeline job or similar heavy civil construction experience is required.
- Previous experience working on pipe diameters larger than NPS 30 is required.
- Experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on steep slopes and mountainous terrain greater than 21 degrees preferred.
- Experience operating a Sideboom Pipelayer on slopes requiring winch assistance preferred.
- As a condition of employment, successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing.
- As a condition of employment, must be willing and able to obtain valid First Aid, PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training), Standard Basic Rigging and Ground Disturbance Lvl 2 certificates. Training provided.
- As a condition of employment, must hold a valid driver’s license and provide an abstract
- Must have demonstrated ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Camp based accommodation
- Rotational shift
- 12 hour work days.
Ledcor Pipeline offers a unique set of pipeline services unmatched anywhere in the oil and gas industry. From pipeline construction to investigative digs and subcontractor management, we are accustomed to operating in challenging terrain, and we maintain some of the largest pipeline networks in the world.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.