Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Entry Level
Posting ID 1134
No. of Openings 1
SHOPS TECHNICIAN IN TRAINING
We’re all about the craft.
KF Aerospace is proud to deliver innovative aircraft solutions for corporate, commercial, and military customers worldwide. Launched over 50 years ago out of Canada’s Okanagan Valley, KF has grown to specialize in a wide range of aviation services including maintenance and modifications, air cargo operations, military pilot training and aircraft leasing. With facilities across Canada, KF is home to a 900 strong, highly skilled workforce. Our passion for our craft fuels every project we touch.
Do you enjoy fixing things like cars and bikes, or working on home renovations? The Shops Technician in Training position is ideally suited to someone who shows strong mechanical aptitude. This hands-on role is provided all training in the various processes used in the shops and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is also provided by the company.
The KF Aerospace Shops staff perform repairs on aircraft parts for the general maintenance and modifications service operations. The processes within the shops consist of Paint, Structures, Composites, Components Machining, and Plating & Heat Treat. The incumbent will be assigned to a lead of an individual “shop” (process) when required and will receive daily interaction from that shop lead. The candidate must have a positive attitude, have an open mind regarding learning new skills and must be flexible towards their daily job tasks. The Shops Technician in Training reports to the Repairs Shops Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The specialized processes, include, but are not limited to,
- part marking process
- pre-treatment processes
- cleaning / stripping processes
- heat treatment process
- surface treatment processes
- TIG welding (aerospace certified)
- peening process
- packaging / building crates
- basic preventative maintenance activities
- Organize and prioritize the work that has been given by the shop leads
- Ensure safe work practices are in place and are followed
- Responsible for the proper care of facilities and shop equipment.
- Flexible schedule to work on emergency Aircraft on Ground (AOG) requests
- Creates and maintains a safe and positive work environment.
- Completion of Grade 12 diploma
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experienced with basic shop tools
- TIG Welding experience will be considered an asset but not required
- Strong understanding of the English language
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Detail oriented
- Problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new processes
- Able to take direction and work independently
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER
As a Shops Technician in Training with KF Aerospace you can start a rewarding career with a team of people who are passionate about their craft. It is an opportunity to be part of the aviation industry, without any formal education required. This position could potentially grow into, but is not limited to: Component Shop Tech, Plating Shop Tech, Painter, Shot / Flapper Peener and Heatreater.
Full-Time staff benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Health and Dental
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health Spending Account
- Paid vacation and Personal time off
- The opportunity to bank overtime
- Pension matching plan and voluntary RRSP
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Free financial advice
- A bonus program based on organizational performance
HOW TO APPLY
Be a part of our craft. Apply for the Shops Technician in Training position today!