Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience 1- 3 Years
No. of Openings 1
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Service Truck Operator will be willing to drive a Kal Tire road service vehicle that is outfitted with tools and supplies providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance.
Skills & Abilities
- As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
- Respond to highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by Store Manager.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time.
- 1+ year of road service or tire technician experience is considered an asset but not required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
- Competitive wages, with benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Incentive Program – Additional income may be obtained through our Incentive Program which recognizes performance output.
- Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in manufacturing equipment, allowing all our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.
Kal Tire welcomes your interest in the Administrator/Billing Clerk opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.