Career Level Skilled Labour
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Service Truck Operator – Kingston, ON
Kal Tire is recruiting for Service Truck Operator with a focus on providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire’s Service Truck that is outfitted with tools and supplies.
We will provide an extensive paid training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
- Respond to the highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and exceed every customers’ expectations.
- When not out on road calls, assist with designated in-shop service as directed by the Store Manager.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies while ensuring work is done on time
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-year experience as an operating Service Truck would be an asset.
- 1-year commercial tire experience would be an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
- Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
- Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
- Safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Education and Special Requirements
- A high school diploma is a minimum requirement.
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Kal Tire offers a competitive wage, benefits, and RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the hiring or employment process, applicants/team members are asked to make their needs/requirements known.