Career Level Entry-Level Training
Experience Entry Level
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
Service Truck Operator – Watford, ON
As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will be willing to drive a Kal Tire Service Truck that is outfitted with tools and supplies and providing top service to our customers by performing front shop service, off-site fleet service and roadside assistance.
What you’ll be doing
• Troubleshooting, repairing and performing service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations and diagnostics.
• Responding to the highway and after-hour night calls on a rotational basis.
• Providing exceptional customer service.
• When not out on road calls, you’ll be assisting with designated in-shop service as directed by the Store Manager.
Qualifications we’re looking for
• 1-year experience as an operating Service Truck would be an asset but is not required
• 1-year commercial tire experience would be an asset but is not required.
• Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
• You must be comfortable driving and working at night as needed.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve on the spot.
• Methodical and patient approach with strong attention to detail.
• Team player who is able to work unsupervised.
• Someone who has the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment and is comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
• You should have a safety mindset, willing to wear all required PPE, and follow all safety procedures.
Please note: • We require you to have a valid driver’s license for this role.
Kal Tire offers a competitive wage, benefits, and RRSP matching program. An accelerated training program will be provided.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the hiring or employment process, applicants/team members are asked to make their needs/requirements known.