Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
We know the importance of stability during these unprecedented times and as an essential service, we’ve been steadily growing our employee numbers since March 2020. With many large projects on the horizon, it’s an exciting time to join our team and become part of our stable, growing organization and industry.
At Houle, we are passionate about building resilient communities. From airports, shipping terminals, and water treatment facilities, to hospitals, universities, and shopping centres, we deliver integrated electrical solutions for our industrial, commercial, institutional and residential customers.
While we are leaders in electrical construction, we also specialize in a wide range of in-house technology solutions, including audio visual, building automation, healthcare systems, network systems, and security and life-safety. As a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we take pride in our talented people and collaborative culture that bring our client’s vision to life.
About the position:
Currently, we are seeking an experienced and driven Service Electrician to join our Northern BC team. Primarily serving the North West BC area, ideally located in Terrace, Prince Rupert or Kitimat as a home base.
Local candidates preferred, this is a long-term opportunity (not project or contract based).
The Service Electrician will be involved in all aspects of electrical service work for our industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Reporting in to our Prince George team, the Service Electrician will build their own business in the remote area, support existing customer service calls, and more.
- A certified Red Seal Electrical Journeyperson for at least 5 years.
- Good understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code. FSR-B is an asset.
- Well organized, team player, strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Skilled at electrical trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Capable to supervise electrical journeyman and apprentices when required.
- Able to work in an exciting fast paced positive environment.
- Willing to work after hours and an on call rotational basis
- Ability to speak, read and write English fluently and able to maintain legible/accurate paperwork.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and hold a clean driving record
- A current IBEW local 993 member or willing to become one.
- Company Service Van, cell phone, and service clothing provided
- Good benefits and pension provided through the IBEW collective agreement.
Culture is important at Houle. You must be collaborative in nature. You are a solution focused team player and always willing to learn. You are a bright, ambitious, honest, and a straight forward professional. Your personable nature will fit well within the friendly working environment.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced, high volume, fun and team oriented work environment.
To apply, please visit https://www.houle.ca/current-career-opportunities/ and click on the listing for “Service Electrician” in Terrace, BC.
This posting will remain open until filled.