Career Level Post Secondary Diploma
Experience 7-10 Years
Posting ID R-059080
No. of Openings 1
Why join us?
Reporting to the Area Manager, Feeders the Senior Electrical Technologist shall be responsible for Servicing, Maintaining, Repairing, Testing and Commissioning of orbital welding equipment required for the installation of Feeders and Instrument Tubing. Examples of the welding systems include:
- Conventional Welding Power Supplies
- Liburdi Orbital Welding Heads
- Autogenous tube Welding Heads
- Automated Welding Systems for Bellows
- Lead setup, commissioning, testing and maintenance activities for mechanized welding tools.
- Disassemble/assemble welding tools and perform modifications and repairs as necessary.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with welding equipment in a production environment.
- Work with engineering and construction to determine feasible solutions or design improvements to resolve weld tooling problems.
- Understand and follow equipment preventative maintenance programs
- Prepare engineering change request documents update schematic drawings and other technical materials.
- Occasionally work with equipment containing high voltages.
- Become a nuclear energy worker (NEW).
- Documents to incorporate changes made to the equipment.
- Provide periodic status reports to supervision.
- Perform work in a radiation environment when required.
- Travel to vendor and project sites.
- Maintain stable performance and behavior under pressure and/or opposition.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Technologist Diploma in the field of electrical technology, instrumentation, or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience.
- Experience maintaining Orbital Welding equipment.
- Proven initiative and motivation are required Leadership experience for a small team is an asset.
- Must be effective in a multi‐discipline team environment involving engineers, fellow technologists, and tradespeople.
- Results oriented, takes ownership of tasks assigned and completes them as promised.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Electrical drawings and CSA standards.
- Coach & train lower level employees and serve as a problem‐solving resource to others.
- Strong interpersonal skills, efficient and effective communication (written and oral) and organization skills are essential.
- CANDU Site experience is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of retube equipment, processes and principles of operation is an asset.
- Ability to effectively communicate work instructions to support personnel.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin’s employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Contractual (Fixed Term)
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.