Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta and administrative office in Fort McMurray, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Type: Seasonal – October 2021 to April 2022
Location: Various Sites
Schedule: 7 on / 7 off OR 14 on /14 off
Camp & Flights from Hubs Calgary or Edmonton.
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of copies of your safety tickets and abstract.
The Utility Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for operating heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include excavators, loaders, dozers, graders, water trucks, snow plows and other pieces of equipment. The Heavy Equipment Operator must also clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by legislation, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate multiple pieces of equipment such as Grader, Excavator, Dozer, Skidstreer, Plow and Water Truck
- Operate all assigned equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Read, countersign and enter comments into daily operator logbook
- Complete and document a pre-operational check on assigned equipment
- Grease equipment as necessary
- Ensure all equipment has proper safety equipment in place
- Keep interior clean
- Any required repairs to assigned equipment are communicated to maintenance personnel
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with customers and other employees
- Participate in Job Hazard Assessments, Feld Level Risk Assessments and line-up meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Site Manager
- Some laborer work as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- 2-5 Years’ Heavy Equipment GPS operating system experience
- Must hold a Valid Class 1, 3 – Preferred
- Ability to lift and pull up to 50lbs
- Ability to work in all weather
- Ability to work shift work
- Safety conscious attitude
- Mandatory CSTS and OSSA Regional Orientation or OSSA BSO (Basic Safety Orientation before December 31, 2018) or CSO (Common Safety Orientation after January 1, 2019)
- WHMIS 2015
- TDG – Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- OSSA Confined Space Entry and Monitor
- Ground Disturbance
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
- Ability to pass Drug & Alcohol and a Fit for Duty Test
- All applicants must have the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English
The Bouchier Group is pleased to offer competitive wages, a Health and Dental Benefit Package as well as a group Registered Pension Plan.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1, 2021
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Main Office PO Box 6607, Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 5N4
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please and please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!