Career Level Ticket
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feed and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- A strong commitment to working safely with the ability to follow and promote site safety policies and procedures.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair primary and secondary breakdown machine centers with regards to sawfiling.
- Assist production personnel with any sawing flow related problems.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all departments and personnel necessary to ensure proper operation and maintenance of equipment and facilities.
- Handle filing room workload to Head filer standards.
What You Offer
- Benchman ticket is preferred.
- Able to maintain job safety, quality and efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Knowledge of power transmission machinery/parts including gear boxes, chains and bearings is an asset.
- Ability to function well under pressure.
- Previous sawfiling experience.
- Benching experience is required.
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.