Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Training Provided Yes
The Hercules Group of Companies is a privately owned Canadian company, headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia; it is comprised of four distinct companies—Hercules SLR, Spartan Industrial Marine, Stellar Industrial Sales, and Wire Rope Industries Atlantic—with Hercules Machining & Millwright Services as a division of Hercules SLR. While Hercules has grown into a multitude of industrial sectors, we specialize in equipment, products and services for securing, lifting and rigging applications.
As an employer, we focus on continually enhancing the skills and capabilities of our employees and pride ourselves for building and improving upon our cultures of safety and dedicated customer service.
We are looking for an entry level candidate, who is mechanically inclined and willing to learn a new skill! Reporting to the manager, the Wire Rope Technician fabricates, set ups, and repairs rigging, supporting structures, hoists, and pulling gear, using hand and power tools according to customer requirements. All training is provided.
- Cut wire rope and bend strands to meet specifications
- Ensure a quality product is produced, as per the company quality standards
- Organize, clean, and ensure overall maintenance of the rigging workspace
- Maintain an efficient production speed with minimal quality issues
- Responsible for inventory accuracy by recording items used in production
- Process and requisition of materials and supplies for the rigging department
- Ensure inventory is stored in an appropriate manner to ease accessibility and identification, and reduce the potential for damage to products
Required knowledge and training
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Previous experience working with wire rope is considered a strong asset
- Able to safely lift 50 lbs. from floor level to waist level
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Able to comply with our Covid vaccine policy
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous RRSP matching program 5% (after one year)
- Full health and dental benefits (shared costs)
- Great schedule-Monday to Friday 8-5
- Personal & Professional Development Opportunities
- Fun & engaging working environment
Please note: Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal background check; drivers abstract and reference checks as a condition of employment.