Career Level Red Seal
Experience Previous Experience
No. of Openings 1
Rate $46.08 per hour
Interfor is seeking energetic and enthusiastic team players to join our team as a Red Seal Millwright/Planerman Technician in Castlegar, BC. Starting rate for this position is $46.08 per hour.
*This position qualifies for our signing bonus program
- Preventive maintenance and repair of mill maintenance and kiln hot oil systems equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- You will be a highly motivated team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record on safety.
- This position has varied shifts (3 Shift rotation and/or weekend shift).
What You Offer
- Red Seal certified Millwright.
- Mill maintenance and Kiln Hot Oil Systems experience an asset.
- Strong safety background.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented forest products company, operating in all major forest products markets across North America. We offer one of the most diverse lines of wood products to customers around the globe, produced in safety-focused, world-class facilities. We strengthen and contribute to the local economies, build value for our employees and customers, and operate with world-leading sustainable forest management practices. We are proud to produce sustainable building materials that contribute to a healthy and sustainable future. Check out www.interfor.com to learn more about our approach to sustainability.
Interfor is one of the largest forest products companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success! #StartHereGoFarWhat We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, continued development and great benefits.
We want you to grow your career with Interfor. With our industry leading training programs and track record of promoting from within, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to ‘Start Here. Go Far.’ Check out our Employee Development Programs to learn more at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.