Career Level Red Seal
Experience 2-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Who We Are
Interfor is a growth-oriented lumber company with operations in Canada and the United States. We have an annual production capacity of 3 billion board feet and offer one of the most diverse lines of lumber products to customers around the world.
What We Offer
Interfor provides local stability and opportunity. We help bring out the best in all our people by offering long-term, competitive jobs supported by training, education and great benefits. Plus, you’ll be working with the industry’s latest technologies in clean, safe and modern mills. Interfor is one of the largest lumber companies in the world and we’re growing in exciting directions. Come be a part of our success.
What You’ll Do
- Preventive maintenance and repair of mill maintenance and kiln hot oil systems equipment.
- Install machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings, using hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear/equipment as required.
- You will be a highly motivated team player, with strong communication and interpersonal skills and a proven track record on safety.
- This position has varied shifts (3 Shift rotation and/or weekend shift).
What You Offer
- Red Seal Millwright certification.
- Mill maintenance and Kiln Hot Oil Systems experience an asset.
- Strong safety background.
- Understand the importance of teamwork and have a positive impact on the team.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
Interested in being a part of our team? Apply online at www.interfor.com/careers.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants offered a position must successfully complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and background check. Interfor is an Equal Opportunity Employer building a capable, committed, diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.