Career Level Red Seal
Experience 5-7 Years
No. of Openings 1
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Copper Mountain Mine is a large scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform mechanical preventative maintenance and repairs working in the shop and field locations.
- The Heavy Duty Mechanic shall be required to work safely with multiple trades in a production environment.
- The qualified candidates will need to be self-starters and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Mining experience an asset
- Red Seal Interprovincial Heavy Duty Mechanic certification
- Previous experience working on Komatsu 830E haul trucks, D375 dozers, Cat 16M graders, Komatsu PC8000/PC2000 shovels, and Atlas Copco 271/351 Pit Viper drills
- The successful applicant must be able to diagnose faults or malfunctions in all mobile mining equipment and then determine the safe and more efficient method of repair
- Welding ticket would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license required
Pay and Benefits
- Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions, and tool allowance. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine.
- This is a shift position (7x7rotation) that will provide 24/7 shift coverage.
- All qualified persons are invited to apply.
- You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
Send resume outlining related qualifications in either word or pdf format.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
- Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting.