Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
Posting ID 2949
No. of Openings 1
Seaspan Shipyards is proud to be Canada’s long-term, strategic shipbuilding partner for the Canadian Coast Guard and Royal Canadian Navy. As a direct result of this work, while creating jobs and rebuilding our domestic shipbuilding industry, Seaspan Shipyards is delivering on the promise of ships built in Canada, by Canadians.
Vancouver Shipyards, based in North Vancouver, has a very busy and exciting year ahead, as we continue to make progress on the first of two 174m long Joint Support Ships (JSS) for the Royal Canadian Navy – the largest ships ever built in Canada! We are also constructing an Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel (OOSV) for the Canadian Coast Guard and have secured significant contracts to build a second JSS, a Polar Icebreaker and several Multi-Purpose Vessels. These projects will bring long-term job stability for many years to come.
Now is the best time to be part of Canada’s shipbuilding industry! Join us and be part of the regeneration of the shipbuilding tradition and become a member of a talented, diverse team that is forging a bright future for Canadian shipbuilding at one of the most modern shipyards in North America.
Please send us your resume today!
Seaspan Vancouver Shipyards is currently seeking a Red Seal Certification, B.C. Level “A”, or Equivalent crane operator to work with our Services Department. This position will include the operating of mobile cranes up to 80 ton, tower cranes, as well as our 300 Ton Goliath gantry crane “Big Blue”
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Perform pre-operational inspections including hazard assessments, calculating crane capabilities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Operate mobile crane to lift, move, position, flip, turn or place equipment and materials with single or multiple hook applications.
- Safely and effectively follow rigger’s signals.
- Work with our Maintenance department to ensure routine maintenance of crane equipment.
- Represents the company, help to resolve any customer concerns in a professional manner.
- Following all site rules and adhering to at all times.
- Attend toolbox meetings in a constructive and contributive manner.
- Tower crane certification would also be considered for this position.
All candidates must show proof of:
- Journeyman Red Seal Certification, B.C. Level “A” or Equivalent or Tower Crane certification
- Must be registered with BC Crane safety
This is a Union role with Marine & Shipbuilders – Local 506 and offers an excellent health, welfare & pension package after the completion of 480 hours. The full Red Seal Journeyperson will earn $46.04 p/hr (overtime is double time).
If you are interested in future opportunities, please apply online today; OR email your resume directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
By applying, you agree that Seaspan may share your resume with our Union partner, Marine and Shipbuilders Union Local 506.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.