Career Level Certification
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
- Turnaround project (May 2022)
- Location will be based in Grande Prairie, Alberta
- Living out allowance is offered to non-local candidates.
- Local candidates to GP and surrounding areas are considered an asset
- Ability to commute to and from the job site as required
- Shift schedule: 24 days on 4 days off (12-hour days)
- Communicate with management, staff, and clients the requirements of quality’s scope of work.
- Verify that all site activities comply with the quality codes and standards.
- distribution of Quality documentation to site sub-contractors.
- Provide appropriate feedback to management regarding QA/QC matters.
- Review IFC P&ID’s, ISO’s & vessel drawings to ensure appropriate WPS are referenced with weld details and overall accuracy.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all QA/QC requirements in the shop and at the job site.
- Ensure the proper completion of pre-project documentation i.e., Contract Reviews/ITP/WPS Approval etc. to ensure the successful kickoff of projects.
- Perform pre-inspections and assist with material receiving process to ensure that all fabricated and installed materials are in conformance with the applicable standards, drawings, and specifications.
- Ensure proper weld and NDE mapping and visual inspection is complete.
- Ensure proper NDE report and radiographic film traceability.
- Ensure proper hydrotest packages are complete and witness testing activities to ensure proper testing practices are followed.
- Continually monitor work in-progress via QC audit process to ensure compliance with QA/QC and other project requirements.
- Identify and control all NCR’s while correcting with remedial action.
- Prepare required (regulatory) documentation and organize project files for final turnover to the client.
- Ensure proper management, storage and filing of all controlled documents.
- Assist with training up and coming trades personnel in QA/QC practices and procedures.
- Level 1 CWB certification required with B31.3, W47.1/W59 & CSAZ662 Endorsements
- Relative technical diploma and/or trade certificate
- Working knowledge of ASME & CSA Codes (Pressure Vessels, Process Piping & Structural)
- Standard First Aid, H2S, Common Safety Orientation (CSO), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), WHIMIS, Gas Detection, Bear Awareness
- Developed analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exemplary professional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous record-keeping skills
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction
Who we are
Strike Group is a Canadian company with various locations in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Manitoba. Strike Group has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2007, and in 2013 was awarded Contractor of the Year by Alberta Venture.
At Strike we demonstrate leadership, drive, creativity and initiative and reward people for their commitment, energy, enthusiasm and results. We treat others as we wish to be treated and, most importantly, ensure that every employee goes home safe.
Why work for us
Strike encourages and supports professional development through education and mentorship. We offer comprehensive benefits, competitive wages, and opportunities for career growth. We support the communities where we live and the Strike team that makes those communities thrive.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.