Career Level Red Seal
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 2
Braxx Construction provides Kelowna, Penticton, Summerland, Peachland and the surrounding Okanagan with residential and commercial foundations and framing, suspended slabs, retaining walls, excavation, driveways, pools, patios and much more!
We are currently looking for two (2) full-time Project Managers. 1 position is in the South Okanagan (Peachland to Osoyoos) 1 position in the Central Okanagan (West Kelowna, Kelowna, Lake Country)
Who are we?
We are a licensed residential builder that builds new homes and does renovations throughout the Okanagan. We also like to have fun while working.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary paid every two weeks.
- Employer-paid extended benefits after 3 months
- Ability to ‘be your own boss’ meaning you make decisions
- Company vehicle for work use and personal use
- Cell phone
What makes us different?
- We have different hats in that depending on what you want to do and your skillset you can split your time being a site superintendent as well as a project manager.
- Ability to be part-time if you choose-(you would have fewer jobs to take on at once)
- Balance of office work and going to site
- Hands off from myself if you want
- Paid training
- Open, clean, fun office space
- BBQ at the back door
Who are you?
- Our ideal candidates want the freedom to make their own choices and value being a respected employee as well as being the face of the company from the initial meeting through the turnover of the house
- You have the want to go above and beyond
- You have a great attitude, awesome people skills, a keen eye for detail, not afraid to negotiate prices with suppliers and sub-trades, as well as tech-savvy
- You share our 6 core values
- Superior Service
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Coordinate the entire construction process from start to finish including:
- Consult with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, subcontractors
- Build and update specs and selections in CoConstruct
- Update Co-Construct
- Communicate with homeowners in a timely manner
- Quality Control
- Work to the BC Building Code, Local codes, and consultant recommendations
- Responsible for coordinating 1-year walkthroughs and warranty items
Job Qualifications and Skills
- High School diploma
- Red seal Carpentry ticket
- Experience working in construction to lock up
- 3 years of relevant construction manager experience
- Ability to learn technology specifically CoConstruct (project management software)
- Strong residential home construction knowledge
- Ability to find answers in a timely manner
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Strong written and oral skills
- Strong problem solving & critical thinking skills
- BC Building Code and Step Code knowledge
- Excellent ability to interpret blueprints and associated drawings