Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience Entry Level
No. of Openings 1
FRPD is an award winning, forward thinking organization that is focused on continual improvement. Employees of FRPD are expected to represent the company internally and externally in a professional manner that enhances the reputation of the company and reinforces its values.
Reporting to the Group Leaders, or their designate, the primary role of a Project Coordinator is to support project teams through the bidding process and execution phase of projects. The Project Coordinator will assist and take the lead on multiple tasks throughout these phases as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Participate in and strictly adhere to FRPD’s Health & Safety, Environment and Quality program including the continuous improvement aspects. This includes but is not limited to
- Following FRPD’s Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Assisting or leading the preparation of work method statements, safe work plans and hazard assessments required for the safe execution of the work
- Participating in and ensuring daily Safety Communication meetings are conducted and site inspections are carried out and submitted as per the IMS requirements
- Understand client requirements including contractual terms and conditions and technical specifications, and assist in estimating the equipment, materials and resources necessary to carry out the work in an efficient, safe and environmentally friendly manner.
- Carry out duties that assist Project Managers in preparing for the project commencement
- Ensure material and equipment requisitions are submitted, clearly and are correctly completed
- Submit requests and ensure all permits and all permissions are in place prior to the work commencing
- Prepare or assist in project related client invoicing and provide supporting documentation where required
- Provide ongoing support to Project Managers and Superintendents in various related tasks as assigned
Education and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Eligible (upon achieving required experience levels) for AScT or P.Eng. certification
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret design drawings and specifications
- Ability to conduct on-site surveys
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe, AutoCAD, Civil 3D)
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
- Motivated and committed to learning
- Attention to detail and the ability to recognize discrepancies
- Strong organizational, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have own vehicle or mode of transportation to and from various work sites
- Ability to work extensively across the Province of BC and Canada as may be required by projects
Be part of a great team and apply on-line at www.frpd.com/careers
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!