Career Level Certification
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mining Corporation (CMMC) is a TSX/ASX listed copper producer, developer and
explorer in world class mining jurisdictions. Copper Mountain’s flagship asset is the 75% owned Copper
Mountain mine located in southern British Columbia near the town of Princeton. The Copper Mountain
mine produces over 100 million pounds of copper equivalent per year with a large resource that remains
open laterally and at depth. Copper Mountain also has the development stage Eva Copper Project in
Queensland, Australia, which is expected to add approximately 100 million pounds of copper on an
annual basis, in addition to an extensive 210,000 hectare highly prospective land package in the Mount
Isa area. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Copper Mountain trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange
under the symbol “CMMC” and Australian Stock Exchange under the symbol “C6C”.
- Project Coordinator
- Princeton, BC
Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for providing project
planning and coordination to support project development and construction activity at the Copper
- Monitor construction progress against budget and forecasted schedule.
- Review, evaluate and approve contracts for work to be performed by consultants and outside
contractors; monitor budgets, approve plans resolve problems as they arise.
- Assist the Construction Manager with the delivery of project requirements as they relate to scope,
cost and schedule.
- Develop, execute and document project assignments in compliance with committed timelines and
project goals, and per established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate meetings with internal/external customers as well as support services, (suppliers and
contract vendors) to facilitate the development and execution of assigned projects.
- Manage compliance, quality control and quality assurance standards and specifications.
- Perform other project management related duties as required.
Education & Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in the planning or execution of industrial projects; mining experience is
- Construction certification and/or a trade qualification is required; an engineering degree is
considered an asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to present ideas clearly.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as across different levels of the
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple priorities under tight
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to identify key technical and business issues and develop innovative solutions.
- High degree of business acumen and ability to think strategically.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient computer skills, with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Power Point,
Word, Excel) and ability to learn new software.
Please note there is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine. All qualified persons are invited to
apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to us. Please include ‘Project
Coordinator’ in the subject line of your email response.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary
disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. We respect the privacy of all applicants
and the confidentiality of personal information
- Please reference mytrades.ca in your application to this job posting.