Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Previous Experience
Posting ID 1614
No. of Openings 1
We currently have multiple openings for Entry Level Production & Weekend Cleanup Labourers based at our sawmills in Ladysmith and Nanaimo, BC.
What We Offer: Competitive unionized wage rates ranging between $27.12 – $31.59 as per the respective collective agreements. A safe work environment and opportunities for growth, ongoing training and a long-term career. Benefits and pension are provided through the union.
Who You Are: You have an excellent safety record and demonstrated commitment to safety. A strong work ethic, accountable and dependable, able to prioritize work, always willing to lend a hand and pitch in when needed, and not afraid to work hard! You demonstrate the ability to work both as part of a team and with minimal supervision and have the desire to participate in an organization committed to continuous improvement.
- Entry Level Production: All employees must be available Monday-Friday for all shifts including day, afternoon and graveyard shifts. Employees typically begin on an on-call basis and are required to work a variety of shifts until a full-time position becomes available.
- Weekend Cleanup: All employees must be available for Saturday and Sunday day shifts.
These positions are considered safety sensitive, all successful candidates will be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
- All employees will start in general labour or cleanup positions, and then progress from there into a variety of roles including machine operators.
- All employees must maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Supporting other areas of the operations as needed.
- Our ideal candidates have previous experience working in a labour job in a safety sensitive environment (industrial or trades related environment).
- HOWEVER, we will train people without this background if they have the right attitude and want to learn!
- Grade 12 or equivalent required.
- First Aid/WHMIS preferred – preference is always given to candidates who have OFA 3.
- Mobile equipment certification/experience an asset.
- Lumber grading ticket a definite asset.
At Western Forest Products, we believe our most significant asset is our people. Investing in our people brings value and success to our business, ensuring a safe, engaged, productive and continuously improving workplace. We offer challenging opportunities working alongside the best in the industry to meet your career and professional development goals while providing competitive total rewards and recognition. From our timberlands to mills to our corporate and regional offices, we offer rewarding opportunities in every facet of our business.
Western Forest Products is a leading forest products company that manufactures high-quality wood products and sustainably manages forests. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia with operations in the coastal region of B.C. and Washington State, Western meets the needs of customers worldwide with a specialty wood products focus and diverse product offering. Our large investment in manufacturing and progressive approach to safe and sustainable forestry practices ensures the health and prosperity of our business, forests and communities for generations to come.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.