Career Level Supervisor
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID PRODU001803
BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is seeking a Production Supervisor who is a strong positive leader, people-oriented, and who values cultural diversity to join our team in our Northern region (Winfield – Kelowna).
Why Work with BC Tree Fruits?
Agriculture has been foundational to the development of the Okanagan Valley and at BC Tree Fruits, we want to continue that legacy as the Valley grows and evolves. BC Tree Fruits has been bringing the communities of the Okanagan Valley together with our delicious, top of the line fruits since 1936, something we will continue to do for decades to come. The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is owned by fruit growers throughout the entire Okanagan Valley, employs approximately 500 employees, and operates multiple facilities. Our 300 plus LOCAL grower families work together in the BC Tree Fruits Cooperative as part of a larger community. Each grower nurtures their orchards to create the best possible fruit, and by supporting our growers we get to watch the local agriculture COMMUNITY thrive.
Throughout our 85 years in the business, a lot has changed but people’s love for FRESH local Okanagan Fruit is not one of them! The BC Tree Fruits Cooperative is ‘turning a new leaf’ and is ready to take on the challenges and opportunities of our ever-evolving industry. New technologies have allowed for fruit to be in season all year long, making our business more stable and reliable than ever. As we learnt this past year, certain things are essential, and others are not. Our business at BC Tree Fruits is essential and we need devoted and passionate people to join our team. So if fresh, local, and community driven are important values to you, we would encourage you to consider a career at BC Tree Fruits.
The Production Supervisor organizes, directs and controls the fruit packing operation at the plant level. The Production Supervisor is required to meet or exceed production standards in the most cost efficient and timely manner as well as continuing to maintain the highest quality of our products.
- Follows and adheres to the company’s safety program at all times
- Ensures the safety of all the employees
- Supervises daily production of all packing lines including all personnel
- Monitors inventory levels of packaging supplies
- Promotes the business as a learning environment, allowing for continuous improvement and growth of all employees
- Ensures that an effective communication system is in place, which allows for effective teamwork to occur
- Delivers a high standard of results in areas such as safety, quality, and efficiency
- Intimates knowledge of operational capabilities of plant equipment
- Ensures packing to CFIA and customer specific standards
- Ensure all quality guidelines are adhered to
- Scheduling and crewing, approving timesheets, tracking leave of absences, and managing absenteeism
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Visible and engaged in day to day production
The ideal candidate:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Respectfully able to work with all types of people with different personalities, cultures, and customs
- Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others
- Committed to excellence and continuous learning
- Ability to lead a production plant in a very fast paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fruit industry knowledge is an asset
- Union experience is an asset
- 5+ years supervisory experience
- Willingness to work weekends when required during high production time
- Willingness to work 9-10 hour shifts when required
- Possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel to different locations within the Okanagan Valley
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by the employer
- Three weeks vacation to start
- Yearly incentive program
- Store discounts
BC Tree Fruits thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted. Visit www.bctreefruits.com for more information on the cooperative and future employment opportunities.