Career Level High School or Equivalent
Experience Entry Level
Posting ID PRODE008702
No. of Openings 1
Department Operations & Production
West Fraser is a leading diversified forest products company. Recognized for the ninth time as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers and one of Canada’s Best Employers for Recent Graduates, we continue to grow. We are looking for talented people to be part of our team. We believe in growing our team from within and many of our employees have built their careers with us.
West Fraser’s Slave Lake Pulp Division has an opportunity for an:
Entry Level Production Operator
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Grade 12 or GED
- A valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated team skills & basic computer knowledge
- Initiative to learn and grow, effective organization and communication skills
- Self-starter with good organizational skills & ability to do things methodically
- A strong commitment to Health and Safety
- Good verbal and written skills
- Mechanical aptitude & initiative for problem solving
- Demonstrated success working in a fast paced, manufacturing, or industrial environment
- A 4th Class Power Engineering Certificate or willing to work towards one would be an asset
Slave Lake Pulp is a Bleached Chemical Thermo-Mechanical Pulp (BCTMP) mill located approximately 2.5 hours north of Edmonton, Alberta. Slave Lake Pulp is committed to continuous improvement, through operational, mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation reliability. We have a collaborative, team culture. If this position sounds like the career for you, apply at www.westfraser.com/jobs click “apply now” in green at the top of the page.
For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs
West Fraser believes inclusive, diverse teams build a more vibrant workforce, safer operations and a stronger company overall. We strive to create workplaces and leadership teams that are reflective of the diverse communities we are a part of. We will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, gender, national origin or any other protected legal characteristic.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.