Career Level Post Secondary Diploma
Experience 1- 3 Years
Posting ID 2022-036
No. of Openings 1
Copper Mountain Mine is a large-scale open pit copper mine located in south central British Columbia. The mine has evolved into a mature and highly efficient operation with a long term mine plan and significant opportunity for mine life extension. If you like to work with people in a working environment to deliver results, and you enjoy an active outdoor lifestyle with easy access to city life, this could be your opportunity.
The Production Metallurgist (Job Code 2022-036) reporting to the Chief Metallurgist you will be an integral team member of the mill department providing technical support to mill operation supervisors and operators.
This will involve an active role in mill production surveillance and following up on requirements to achieve copper production across the mill department with an accountable role in determining production issues or challenges and providing support to overcome. The Production Metallurgist is an exciting opportunity to integrate technical services into the day-to-day operations.
Your work will include:
- Actively participate in all Environmental, Health and Safety aspects of the mine and assure all safety procedures and programs are effectively being followed.
- Production support to operations in troubleshooting and optimizing operational circuits to achieve production targets.
- Support mill operation supervisors in providing technical surveillance and response across the mill operation.
- Working alongside circuit operators to highlight successes and work collaboratively to capture opportunities to achieve operational targets
- Conducting run of mill flotation tests to provide feedback to the operation on lab vs. plant performance to assist in understanding flotation performance.
- Daily mill performance summaries (dayshift and nightshift operation)
- Weekly mill performance summaries (per crew rotation)
- Facilitate technical crossover information between dayshift and nightshift operation and crew rotation changes.
- Working alongside Mill Metallurgists to provide operational background and guidance on short and long term challenges that may require additional resources
- AwaRE performance analysis
- Circuit specific maintenance support
- Downtime reasoning and issues
- Mill and crusher shutdown support with respect to the completion of routine inspections
- Month End inventory reconciliation
- Support metallurgical trials, pilot plants and commissioning of new processing equipment
- Perform other duties as required.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgy or chemical engineering
- Minimum 1 year experience in Metallurgy or related industrial field
- Working knowledge of principles and methods used in metallurgical and processing analysis and
exposure to using analytical / statistical tools
- Previous metallurgical laboratory and project management experience is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational abilities with task prioritization, multitasking, use of timelines and time management techniques.
- Strong communicator – bridge between technical and operational teams
- Collaborative, hands-on approach
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing.
- Scenic travel to and from mine site.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
- Occasional overtime.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Part of Net zero by 2035 aligned with the Paris Agreement.
- Strong foundation with sustainable copper growth.
- Long life assets, low risk and high returns.
- Career advancement opportunities.
- Strength in a diverse and inclusive workforce
- Wildlife sightings.
Compensation and Benefits Copper Mountain Mine offers a competitive wage, a comprehensive benefit package including RRSP contributions. There is no camp provision at Copper Mountain Mine. This position works 5×2 (Monday to Friday). All qualified persons are invited to apply; applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and a medical. Please send your resume outlining related qualifications to email@example.com (in either word or pdf format). We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Copper Mountain Mine respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.