Career Level Post Secondary Degree
Experience 5-7 Years
Posting ID PROCE001460
No. of Openings 1
If you are a Process Engineer that enjoys a challenge, then your next career move may well be your best. The question is, are you ready to play your part in the journey to net-zero?
We are looking for a skilled Process Engineer who can deliver regular recommendations on how to improve production, lower production cost and increase reliability. You will assess and develop the process scope, mass and energy balance, preliminary general arrangement and support the project development, detailed design and construction teams with process engineering expertise.
This position reports to the Capital Construction Manager and works within the Strategic Capital Projects group, with oversight of Process Engineering deliverables for multiple projects. Will be required to undergo and pass client drug testing and background checks. Valid driver’s license, passport and ability to travel as needed. Estimated travel is less than 20% of time.
This is a hybrid work arrangement, with preference given to candidates who are located near our Corporate Office in Vancouver BC, Monroe LA or our manufacturing facilities across the South East USA or Western Canada.
What Will You Be doing?
- Working with company wide stakeholders across multiple functions to develop the process engineering scope for capital projects taking consideration of all engineering disciplines.
- Able to become a pellet plant and materials handling subject matter expert for the capital engineering team.
- Developing detailed project plans including progress tracking, documentation, and on-time delivery of process engineering deliverables; ensuring project safety, schedule, cost, scope and quality objectives are achieved related to the manufacturing process.
- Ensuring that project cost estimates include all considerations of the mass and energy balance, process safety and plant operability.
- Ensuring that changes in requirements are communicated to the organization and incorporated into the project plan and other project documentation.
- Manage external engineering resources.
- Acting as one of the primary spokespersons on assigned projects to represent the company process design.
- Being a proactive engineering safety leader, creating a “Safety First” culture throughout the project design and development and implementing remedies for a “no Loss” safety culture during the development and design phases
- Overseeing process safety, environmental and constructability reviews to ensure that all Drax process engineering design elements are met in the project design.
- Working with vendors and suppliers to develop the appropriate process technology packages for successful operation of pellet facilities.
You Have the Following Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in engineering or related technical field is preferred. Will consider applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years engineering/project development /industrial experience is required
- Excellent breadth of engineering knowledge across multiple disciplines to compliment depth of knowledge in primary discipline.
- Demonstrable experience working in medium to large sized capital projects.
- Familiarity with pellet plant, design, construction and operations is beneficial.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and
- has the ability to work under minimum direction and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and written communicator. Able to work across all functions. Strong business acumen for manufacturing environment.
- Innovative and creative thinker who is naturally curious with the ability to create and develop innovative ideas and concepts which start from a blank sheet of paper.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify realistic opportunities and options.
- Analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Encourage teamwork and open collaboration across organisation boundaries, both internal and international.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” when applying for this position.