Career Level Equipment Operator
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 866
No. of Openings 1
Launched in 1998 with nothing more than a used Caterpillar dozer and an entrepreneurial spirit, Bouchier has grown to be a leading provider of integrated site services to the Athabasca Oil Sands region.
From our head office in Fort McKay, Alberta, the company now employs more than 800 dedicated team members and commands a fleet of over 350 pieces of equipment.
With a strong belief in doing the right things in the right way, Bouchier is now one of the largest companies owned and operated by Indigenous peoples in the area providing contracting, construction, and general site services.
Position: Pressure & Vac Operator
Location: CNRL Horizon
Schedule: 21 on / 21 off OR 14 on / 14 off OR 7 on / 7 off Rotation
- Competitive market rates
- Night shift premiums
- Vacation pay at 6% – paid out bi-weekly upon start date
- Health & Dental and Long-Term Disability Benefits– eligible after 3 months of continuous service
- $500 health spending account – 100% employer paid
- Employer paid Insurances
- RPP (Registered Pension Plan) with company matching
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Program
- Base Pay increase available based on performance and progression
- Safety Recognition
- Years of Service Recognition – Annual
- Bouchier welcome gift and company swag
- Overtime available but not guaranteed
- Accommodations provided – Available dependent upon role/site
- Flights from Edmonton/Calgary hub – Available dependent upon role and work location
The operator (class 1 or 3) will operate several types of units ranging from Water Trucks, Straight Vacuum, Hydro-Vac and Combo Units in a safe and efficient manner.
Site Requirements are but not limited to operating units for the purpose of clients needs/ requests at an oil sands location, the operator will be required to clean/ maintain the unit and all equipment associated as well as troubleshoot minor issues. The operator will ensure successful completion of tasks and provide a professional customer service, maintaining Bouchier’s high level of standards within the Oil Sands region. The operator will provide safe and meaningful mentorship to Operators/ labors that will work along side them in the field. Most importantly, the operator will adhere to all local, federal and provincial compliance regulations and uphold all site and Bouchier safety standards at all times.
- Championing compliance with Health and Safety standards and legal regulations
- Train and mentor Hydrovac Riggers to foster employee skill development
- Set up and inspect grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydro-vac operations
- Complete all required paperwork within set time lines
- Perform pre and post-trip inspections, as well as routine maintenance
- Participate in all pre and post job hazard assessments and inspections.
- Load and unload equipment necessary to perform vacuum and hydro – excavation and operations
- Ensure all equipment and components are in good working condition at all times
- Maintain and use appropriate personal protective equipment
- Communicate to site personnel and the Supervisor any abnormalities or faulty situations regarding the process, product, machine, equipment, workplace, safety or other
- Excellent communication with our clients whenever opportunity presents itself by communicating knowledge of the project
- Equipping the hydro-vac unit daily with ample supplies and equipment to perform your scheduled jobs/projects.
- Work outdoors in the elements on a daily basis
Education & Experience:
- Clean class 3 driver’s license Class 1 preferable
- Previous operating experience (minimum 2 years)
- Must have Safety Tickets: First Aid & AED/CPR, H2S Alive, Fall Protection, Confined Space, CSTS-09, CSO, AWP and Ground Disturbance Level 2.
- Familiar with safe work procedures and practices to safely drive and operate.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment
- Must complete and pass a mandatory Pre-Employment Health & Fitness Assessment
- Energetic, confident self-starters, with a strong work ethic
- Pride and ownership of work
- Willing to do labour work and other tasks as needed.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Physical ability to perform work
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test pre-employment and post incident (or be in compliance with our drug and alcohol program)
Please apply to this posting with your cover letter and resume inclusive of your safety tickets and drivers abstract.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until suitable candidate is found. Typically, our postings stay open for 2 weeks.
Please apply online: Via: bouchier.ca/careers
Please follow us on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/BouchierGroup/
The Bouchier Group would like to thank all applicants who apply to our postings. Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!