Career Level Apprentice
Experience 2-5 Years
Posting ID 439
No. of Openings 1
NCSG Crane & Heavy Haul Trans Tech is seeking an Heavy Duty Mechanic apprentice to assist our maintenance team that supports our Fort McMurray, AB region. The Apprentice HD Mechanic will be responsible for effectively performing maintenance and service of our truck and trailer fleet.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Perform daily maintenance of property, equipment (i.e. Trucks and Platform Trailers), and vehicles throughout the facility.
- Inspect and evaluates operating conditions of equipment and vehicles.
- Perform maintenance activities and modifies existing equipment and systems to keep the facility in good running order.
- Read, understand, and follow hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical diagrams.
- Ensure that all maintenance is completed in accordance with established department policies and safety regulations.
- Attend training sessions to update technical knowledge as needed.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- CSTS 2020.
- H2S Alive.
- First Aid.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean commercial drivers abstract.
- Possess a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working with Heavy Haul Trucks, particularly with Cummins’s/Detroit Diesel engines and SISU Planetary axles and Platform Trailers.
- Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
- Environment: Some work is outside or on a site, but majority of work is in the shop.
- Work Schedule is 5 and 2, occasional weekend work required.
- Hour of work are approximately 8 -12 hours per day (As required).
- Must have own tools for start of work term and remove them at end of work term at own expense.
NCSG is a one-stop lift and heavy haul service provider. Our professional project management, planning and lift and heavy haul teams combine to make NCSG a solution provider of choice. Our branch locations are strategically situated throughout Western Canada to ensure the most cost effective and best service for our customers. NCSG is a privately-owned company. For further information please see our website www.ncsg.com
To apply, please click on the “Apply for the Job” button above. Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!