Career Level Journeyman
Experience 3-5 Years
No. of Openings 1
Rate $49.37 per hour
We’re looking for new talent to join us as we reinvent the future of energy. Across BC, we have a diverse team of more than 2,500 employees we can’t do without, yet we’re growing as fast as ever.
You may think we’re your standard utility that delivers natural gas and electricity, but we’re also into cool, innovative energy solutions. Think carbon capture, renewable energies and lower-carbon transportation for a start. We believe in creating a cleaner, healthier tomorrow.
If you like meaningful work, a dynamic environment and forward-thinking colleagues, build your career with us. You’ll get opportunities to grow, lead, solve, and create. So what are you waiting for? Let’s rethink energy together.
A Powerline Technician is expected to discharge the responsibility of and to practice fully his/her trades qualifications.
A Powerline Technician reports to a staff supervisor or delegate.
- Perform standby duties as assigned.
- Assist in training new employees, apprentices and employees in lower classifications.
- Perform duties normally carried out by a lower classification.
- Holder of a Journeyman Powerline Technician Interprovincial Certificate or a Lineman Trades Qualification Certificate.
- Be familiar with and experienced in electric utility transmission and distribution systems, protective and safety devices and their clearances and isolating procedures.
- Holder of a valid Class 3 driver’s licence with air brake endorsement
- Standby/ On-Call requirements: This role has standby requirements based on operational needs
- Residency requirements: The successful candidate must adhere to the residency requirements of this position.
- Overtime requirements: This role has/may have overtime requirements based on operational needs
- Travel/ Out of town work requirements: This role has/may have travel requirements based on operational needs
Our engaging workplace offers a wide range of challenging opportunities, while being safe, inclusive and diverse. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, while supporting life-long career development. We also encourage volunteerism and nourish the need to give back to your community.
Safety is our number one priority, and to maintain the health and safety of our employees and broader communities, we have a number of COVID-19 safety measures in place. This includes a requirement for all new employees to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their first day of work or the start of their employment. And of course, we will consider an accommodation for anyone who’s unable to be vaccinated due to a protected ground as defined by the Human Rights Code.
To learn more about the recruitment process with FortisBC, please visit the You’re Applying. What now? page for additional information.