Career Level Certification
Experience 4-6 Years
Posting ID 1324359
No. of Openings 1
Department Plant Services and Construction
Rate $34.29 / hour
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We hire great people for phenomenal jobs. We are looking for a Power Engineer to be a part of our team at Royal Columbian Hospital.
In this position you will:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of high pressure steam boilers, hot water boilers, chillers, diesel generators and auxiliary equipment in the Energy Centre, in accordance with the Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.
- Monitors and operates Direct Digital Controls/Building Automation System. Monitors status and operates other integrated campus wide control and monitoring systems and responds to warnings and alarms. Monitors and records operating data, meter readings and makes related calculations as required.
- Monitors, adjusts and repairs HVAC systems by operating a variety of mechanical, pneumatic and/or electronic control systems and performing such tasks as altering systems operating parameters and schedules; maintains appropriate activity logs. Performs preventive maintenance and repair work on HVAC equipment, air filters, humidifiers, heating and cooling coils, control valves, air dampers, hot water circulating pumps and air plenums.
- Certificate of competency as a 3rd Class Power Engineer recognized by the Province of B.C.
- Four years’ recent related experience
- Able to complete annual half and full face respirator fit testing.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience is acceptable.
This temp full-time position is based at Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster, BC and will be available until November 2021. Shifts for the position are 12 hours on a rotating schedule of 2 days, 2 nights.
A career with Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to be a part of a dedicated team of providers in a dynamic and rewarding health care environment. We offer a competitive compensation and benefit package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Work with our dedicated team and join our commitment to provide quality care to our patients and clients. We invite you to apply today and find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health to their friends and family as an outstanding place to work! We value diversity in the work force and aim to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Please reference “mytrades.ca” in your application to this job posting!